Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grover, the Boxer

Today Mom said I should be unselfish and write about some of the dogs at the Humane Society who are wishing they had a forever home to live in. Of course, it would be more fun to write about myself, but like I said before, I have to keep Mom happy or else she might not feed me!

I have not met any of these dogs personally (or "caninely") so I can only tell you what Mom said about them. Also she took some photos, so you can see how handsome they are, even if they are not basenjis, which none of them are.


This is Grover, who is a boxer. Boxers are nice, playful dogs who are good with children. I read this on Wikipedia, where it also says that boxers are the 6th most popular breed in America. This means they are way more popular than basenjis. The boxer breed came from Germany, but Grover did not come from Germany. He came from Kansas.

What happened to Grover was that he got hit by a car and he had all these wounds and he was just lying in a ditch for a while. Then Animal Control found him and a vet took care of him, and now he's lots better.

Grover has scars from where he got all skinned up when he was hit by the car. Also his left elbow got hurt and he limps on that leg, but he's walking better now. Grover likes tennis balls and dog toys. Unlike my brother Barry, Grover does not tear up his toys.

Mom is not a big fan of boxers because she doesn't like the way they look with the smushy faces, but she thinks Grover is a good-looking dog with soulful eyes. And besides that, he is a really, really nice dog. Mom noticed that Grover had his dewclaws removed, so she thinks he might have come from a good breeder. Grover doesn't talk much about himself, though, so we may never know his history.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Grover is about 2 years old. Of course, this is a guess, just like my age is a guess. If you want to know more about Grover or better yet, if you want to adopt Grover, you can go to the Humane Society site, which is here: http://www.hsgkc.org


This is another dog at the Humane Society. Her name is Francine. She's two years old and she's part doberman and part rottweiler. Francine is also a very nice dog. Of course, to hear Mom tell it, all the dogs at the shelter are nice dogs!












This dog is named Francis. He was rescued by a nun, and she named him St. Francis, but at the shelter, they just call him Francis. He's a year old. He used to not have much hair because he had demodex mange, but now he is much better, and his hair is growing back.



I think Hogan is a funny-looking dog because he has one blue eye and one brown eye. He is part greyhound and part catahoula hound. He is 18 months old, and he has been at the shelter since he was a little puppy. All his littermates got adopted, but Hogan didn't get adopted yet, which makes him sad.


Hogan and Francis are kennel-mates, and they like to play together. Here is a picture of them playing tug-o-war, which is a game that some dogs really like. I don't ever play tug-o-war myself. Mom says Hogan and Francis play rough, but I am too ladylike for that kind of thing. Also if I played rough right now, I might break my stitches, and Mom would be mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY