Monday, September 14, 2009

Guess what! It's benign!

Mom dragged me to Dr. Patricia's office today to get my stitches out and also to get a heartworm test. Dr. Patricia said that not all my sutures were ready to come out, so some are still there. I have to go back on Friday to get the rest out.


But the BIG NEWS is that the lab sent back a report on my little growth thingy after they studied it thoroughly under the microscope, and they said it was actually BENIGN! This means it is not melanoma after all, even though they said it was at first. Mom got to see the report, but it was full of big medical words that she did not understand, even though she has a master's degree in English. She asked Dr. Patricia why the lab thought I had melanoma at first, but now it turns out I don't have it. Dr. Patricia said that the lab was just looking at a few cells the first time, and the cells looked like cancer, but when the lab looked at the whole thing, they saw that it wasn't cancer. Or something like that.

Anyway, they said I shouldn't do much sunbathing because if I did, I might get cancer for real. So I guess I will mostly stay in the shade. Or maybe Mom will get me a sunbonnet -- not that I would wear such a thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY