Friday, October 9, 2009

Today I'm going to talk about some of the everyday adventures we have when we go out walking with Mom.  Everyday adventures aren't really Good Adventures or Bad Adventures.  They're just regular adventures, if you know what I mean.


There are always lots of things to see and hear and smell when we are out walking.  Gabe and I make sure we check out everything thoroughly because there might be some Important Doggy Smells or else there might be some kind of food-like something that we can eat.  The cicadas are all gone now, which is a very sad thing for me to have to tell you.  We can still find Cat Poop, though, because cats poop all year round, just like dogs do.  So we are always on the lookout for some yummy deposits of Cat Poop.


And of course, one of the things we do when we are out walking is pee.  I like to pee in the middle of the street sometimes.  Here's a picture of me just getting up after peeing in the street.  Sometimes I poop in the street, too.  In fact, I like to walk in the street better than I like to walk on the sidewalk.  Mom thinks this is weird, but she lets me do it so that I won't get all balky and refuse to walk at all, which I sometimes do.  Mom has this crazy idea that if a car is coming, we should get out of the middle of the street.  I don't know what the big fuss is about, and I really don't like it when Mom drags me by the collar to get me out of the street.


Gabe doesn't pee in the street.  He pees on trees and light poles and shrubs and pretty much anyplace that any dog has already peed.  Boy dogs always have to have the last word, so to speak, because that's how they tell everybody that they have been there and that they are Important.  This is called "marking."  People do it with ink pens and spray paint, but dogs do it with pee.  After Gabe has marked a bunch of stuff, I sometimes have to sniff him so that he will think that I think he is really as Important as he has been telling everybody with his peeing.


This is Cherry Street.  It's one of the streets we walk on almost every day.  I don't know why it's called Cherry Street because there are no cherry trees there.  Mostly there are oak trees on Cherry Street, but we have another street called Oak Street.  There aren't very many oak trees on Oak Street, or at least not on the part of Oak Street near our house.  There are a lot of crab apple trees, though, so maybe the street should be called Crab Apple Street.  And speaking of crab apples, I will just mention that all the little apple things have been falling off the trees lately, and they are all rotten and mushy and not very nice to walk on.  Also they are not good to eat, even when they are not rotten.


One of the things we see when we are out walking is the house where the alien lives.  You can always see the alien on the front porch of the house.  He doesn't seem to get out much.  Mostly he just watches everybody that goes past his house.  He has lived there for several years now.  We don't know what his name is or where he is from because we have never talked to him.  We don't even know if he speaks English!



Another thing we see a lot is houses that are for sale.  The houses used to take a very long time to sell because of the Bad Economy, but now they are selling a little faster.  And it seems like more people are trying to sell their houses now.  Mom says we will not be selling our house anytime soon because we want to keep living in it for a long time.  I'm glad about this because I don't want to think about going to a strange, new place to live.  I have already done that a couple of times, and I can tell you that it is very scary!

That's why at the end of our walk every day, I am glad to come back home to our very own house where everything smells like me and my brothers and Mom.  I think our house is the best house in the whole neighborhood and maybe in the whole world, and I'm glad I live there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY