Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome to my Blog


My name is Piper, and I'm a basenji. If you already know what a basenji is, you are clearly very smart and well-educated. If you don't know about basenjis, you can look them up on Wikipedia or someplace. Then you can be smart and well-educated, too! As you can tell from the photo, I am a very pretty, black-and-white basenji. Some basenjis are other colors, but black-and-white is the best.


You may wonder why I decided to start blogging. Here are some reasons why.

Reason Number 1: "Blog" rhymes with "dog," and since I am a dog, it's a no-brainer that I should write a blog.

Reason Number 2: I still have my dewclaws, so I can type better than dogs who had their dewclaws removed.

Reason Number 3: My mom has a friend who has a bunny named Trouble, and he has a blog. Trouble is not a real bunny. He is a hand puppet bunny. If he were a real bunny, I would want to eat him, like one time last summer when my brother Gabe caught a real bunny in the back yard. Gabe would not let any of us other dogs or even Mom take his bunny away. This is called the canine rule of "I have possession of it, so it's mine." Gabe started ripping up the bunny and eating it. I wanted some, but Gabe wanted to keep it all for himself, which is the rule of "It's all mine and I'm not sharing it." But then some of the bunny insides fell out and Mom gave them to me to eat. After that, Mom went in the house and got some roasted chicken out of the fridge and tricked Gabe into eating the chicken instead of the bunny. I would not have fallen for that trick, but he did.

Reason Number 4: Everybody and their dog is doing it, so why shouldn't I?

Reason Number 5: It will be fun.

Mom says maybe no one will want to read my blog, which is silly because of course lots of people will want to read it. By the way, "Mom" is not my real mom. My real mom was a basenji, just like me. I don't live with my real mom anymore, and when I came to live here, we started a game of Make Believe that the human I live with is my mom. Also the other dogs that live here are my Make Believe brothers, but they are not my real brothers. Make Believe is a good game, so I like to play it. If it makes Mom happy to think of herself as having given birth to a bunch of dogs, then who am I to point out the real truth to her. I've found it's best to keep Mom happy because she controls the food supply.

Speaking of which, it's suppertime now, so I need to stop writing my blog and go eat some yummy dog food. I have had a good time writing my first blog, so I plan to write again very soon. Maybe tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY